Re: Xmas shopping (will this bit of HW work)

Ray Percival <squadboy@mail.sisna.com> writes:
RP> I'm going to be getting a new mouse/trackball for xmas. Before I start
RP> telling people what I want though I thought I'd check with you all.
RP> So have any of you used the logitech Trackman Marble Wheel

Yes, works fine, no problems with it at all.  I also have an older
Trackman Marble; both of them are great little pieces of hardware.

RP> and in particular does it work with USB under a straight up 2.2
RP> install?

No; USB support in Linux isn't really there.  But my Trackman Marble
Wheel came with a USB-PS/2 adaptor, so I can plug it into the PS/2
port on my computer fine.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell