Re: Routing question

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 03:55:58PM -0300, Eduardo Gargiulo wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have a subnet with real IPs and I want configure a firewall with two interfaces, the first one (eth0) connected to the router ant the other (eth1) connected to the hub. Two interfaces have the same subnetmask.
> When I log to the router, I can ping eth0, but not eth1. Which is my problem?

You are actually configuring a bridge, not a router (a router divides
subnets and thus each NIC in a router needs to belong to a seperate
network).

You'll need to recompile your kernel to support bridging at the very
least.  I believe there's a bridge HOWTO but I've never set up
bridging in Linux.

HTH,

Micromuse Inc.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.