Re: Mount ftp fs

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 02:49:06PM -0200, Christoph Simon wrote:

> I think the midnight commander can simulate something like that.

MC works quite well for that.  There do seem to be some limitations,
though that are probably related to the limits of the FTP protocol.  For
instance, I wanted to copy a directory and its contents (other subs
owned by root) from one machine to another, but recreate the structure
in my home dir.  It couldn't do it, but mc will do it on a local system
normally.  Otherwise, mc works very well for manipulating another
filesystem through FTP.  You'll be limited unless you allow FTP
connections to root (dangerous), though.

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | heartily, but good