Re: apt questions?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Richardson" <eric@milagrosoft.com>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2000 12:34 PM
Subject: apt questions?

> Hi,
>
> I have a laptop running SuSE 6.4 that works pretty good. I am very
> interested in trying out apt and eventually moving to debian.
>
> Does using apt make sense if I'm not using debian?

It dosn't make sense, as suse does have its own package management
But I think there were some efforts in porting apt to other distro's
Perhaps you should just try out debian (once upon a time i used suse too ;),
but be aware that configuration is done very differently (redhat style
configuration is quite similar too it)