Re: disable remote connections to local ports?

if you are looking for something system-wide the only way to do it is
firewall. hosts.allow/deny only work for programs that are compiled with
tcp_wrapper support.

you can set the default incoming policy to deny, and an an accept
statement for localhost. or setup a packet filtering firewall(i just did
this last night on openbsd...not sure how to do it on linux, although im
sure there are HOWTOs and stuff for it)

nate