Re: missing info pages (eg emacs)

>>>>> Jeremiah H Savage writes:

    jhs> I'm running a freshly installed Potato system on i386. It
    jhs> seems there are 14 packages for which no info pages have been
    jhs> installed, most notably emacs. But I have installed emacs20
    jhs> and xemacs21. I have checked for a package such as emacs-doc
    jhs> or emacs-manual, but haven't found anything yet. However, the
    jhs> info pages for Xemacs21 *are* present. Any ideas on how to
    jhs> get the pages working properly for vanilla emacs and others?

    jhs> Below is the list of missing info pages. Even though *Info:
    jhs> (info) is in this list, the documentation is present for
    jhs> info. Thanks for the help.

Basically, you have to go into /usr/share/info and symlink the info
files to their correct names.  For instance, you need a link

viper.info.gz -> viper-e20.gz
widget.info.gz -> widget-e20.gz
emacs.info.gz -> emacs-e20.gz
etc.

There's probably an easy script to do this, but it's fairly easy to do
it by hand,

Cheers,
Chris

--
Every child in America MUST get one of these things for Christmas or
Chanukah or Kwanzaa or Atheist Children Get Presents Day.