Re: scanner doesn't scan...

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 12:36:37AM +0100, Peter Wollny wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got a Mustek 6000SP scanner which refuses to work with Debian. I tried
> to use the same configuration as with SuSE 6.3 but xsane still prompts "no
> devices available".
>
> I made MAKEDEV sg,

Hmm, I know I had this problem when I installed my scanner.
I can't recall the solution that worked for me, but here is what I
have:

I have a /etc/sane/mustek.conf which points to /dev/scanner,
furthermore, /dev/scanner is a symlink to /dev/sg0. I don't
know much about scsi stuff, I only have a scsi card for the
scanner and in the past for a DAT tape streamer.

Well, this isn't much help, but maybe it is enough.

Dirk