Re: UNIX help

Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
> Get a cheap machine, free if possible (486DX2 or so.th)
> Install it with Debian
> configure it
> break it
> read the HOWTOs
> read the man pages
> re-install it
> re-configure it
> break it
> email debian-user with your questions
> fix it
> repeat as often as possible

*grin*  I've been doing this for several years now and it's lots
of fun.  I still regularly break things and scream for help from
my other tech friends and from this list.  I'm still learning
heaps and heaps.  And I'd say I'm an experienced Linux user now
... I answer probably as many questions as I asked, and I act as
"the techie person" for linux-newbie friends as well.

It's a neverending cycle :)

bekj

--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Queer-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au   http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/