Re: Command to determine resolution

Robert D Hilliard <bob@bobhilliard.net> writes:
RDH> Is there a command available in Debian to determine what
RDH> resolution is being used in an X session?

In amidst all of the information 'xdpyinfo' displays is this:

screen #0:
  dimensions:    1280x1024 pixels (325x260 millimeters)

I assume from the format (and that the program explicitly mentions
"displays") that xdpyinfo will print information on every screen on
the referenced server.  This might matter on Debian if you're using
XFree86 4.0 and have more than one screen configured on it.  It also
might matter if you're running programs not-on-the-local-machine and
the remote machine has multiple screens.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell