Re: PS/2 Mouse Pointer?

Network problems I expected, but this one I didn't: the mouse
isn't working. The machine says it detects the PS/2 Mouse Port,
but when I start gdm, the mouse pointer won't move.

Are you running gpm?
I had this problem when gpm was running, so I deleted gpm and everything works fine. However, if you want to use gpm aswell
then there should be a device /dev/gpmdata? which seems to send
mouse info with the microsoft protocol. This only allowed two
buttons on mine though.
  Sorry I can't give you any better help.

Richard Hunt