Re: CRASHED MACHINE = FB.overflow:1

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 06:27:52PM +0000, Gordon Dykes wrote:

> After a few minutes on the net my Debian box crashes and I can not
> work in ANY terminal.  I can change between them but they all have
> the message
>
> "FB.overflow:1"

I would interpret that to mean "Frame Buffer Overflow".  Something is
doing bad things with your video (it'd have to be something low-level).

Also possible, there's a problem with your video hardware (bad memory?).

course, I could be interpreting that message incorrectly (never seen it
before).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>