Re: Gnome Sound Problems Continued

Arlen Carlson wrote:

> Well I'm making progress on my Gnome sound problem...seems that esd is at
> fault.  If I kill the esd process I get my sound back under Gnome.
>
> The big question is why?  And how did this problem start?  How do I prevent esd
> from running under Gnome, or do I need it?

in the GNOME menu go to:
    settings->multimedia->sound
then you can disable the esd.

alternately you can right click on the panel then go to:
    applets->multimedia->sound monitor
which will put an applet on the panel that if you right click on you can suspend
the esp.

You should also read the GNOME manual on sound.  I think I remember it saying that
sound that works through the esd and sound that does not (i.e. controls the sound
card directly) may conflict.  There are also GNOME mailling lists where people
would be better suited to answering your question.

good luck,
Andy