Re: Debian Centralized Management

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Pere Camps wrote:

> Hi!
>
> 	I looking for a package/program/whatever that it will allow me to
> manage many Debian boxes remotely and centrally. Somewhere I could say:
> install this package on all the systems with only one command. Or a
> centralized view of dselect, etc...
>
> 	Also, any good monitoring software recommendations?
>
> 	Thanks!
>
> ps: pleae reply directly to my inbox as I'm not subscribed to the list due
> to its high volume.

I never used the program, but apparently cfengine does precisely what you're
looking for.  It's GPL'd too.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/gnucfengine/?highlight=cfengine
http://www.iu.hioslo.no/cfengine/

Nitebirdz
Thus spake the master programmer:
"You can demonstrate a program for a corporate
executive, but you can't make him computer literate."