Re: coping with a high-volume mailing list (like this one)?

   Hello Lawrence,

This is a good question. I actually filter the headers, anything to do
with debian-user is put into a special folder. I am using kde and the
latest email client (kmail) has a really nice search feature I'm really
enjoying.

I was a new user, now I'm only a new user. I feel that way all the time
even though I have been using only debian for way over a year now. This
list has shown me some great things about linux I don't think I would
have ever found any any manual, book or hints & tips manual.

It really is up to you in the end. You might find it too much to deal
with and remove yourself from the list. I really enjoy it though. I have
seen some amazing people talking about amazing things and some day, when I
grow up perhaps will find myself actually knowing what the blazes is going
on! <grin>

I really count on this list for technical help when I'm in a pinch > Like
when I discovered how powerful 'rm *' was... <argh, bad night>

Some days, I just delete it all, while other days I find all sorts of great
tricks and information.

You're right about Eudora. I had several large folders and lost mail a
few times, but the latest copies should work well for you - look in your
help for "filters".

Good luck, and I do hope you find this list helpful and amusing.

tatah

--

Jaye Inabnit, ARS ke6sls     e-mail: ke6sls@arrl.net
707-442-6579 h/m                     707-441-7096 p