Re: install trouble: stuck at "select tasks"

At 10:03 PM 11/24/00 -0800, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

>Lawrence H. Robins wrote:
>> accidentally exited the "select tasks" program before making most
>> of the selections that I wanted, and now I can't figure out how
>> to restart this program.
>
>Run "tasksel".

Thanks for that tip, also thanks to "Alex. Moskalenko"
<malex@purdue.edu>.

>> >From the install manual, section 7.24 "Select and Install Profiles":
>> >The system will now ask you if you want to use the pre-rolled
>> >software configurations offered by Debian.  This is the purpose of
>> >the dselect program, described below.  But this can be a long task
>> >[rest of quoted material snipped]
>
>This documentation seems thoroughly out of date, debian 2.1-era.

Well, the document may be "thoroughly out of date" but it is the
official Debian 2.2 install guide 2.2.17 date 11 September 2000
(to be fair the Debian web site does mention that the install guide
may lag behind the releases).

Lawrence H. Robins
e-mail: lrobins@his.com