Re: NVIDIA Re: help (fwd)

No problem with all this.  I spend many months with many different video
cards trying to get quake 3 to work.  I really, really, really wan't to
prevent anyone from having to suffer through the same stuff that I did.
Now, on to your questions.
First of all, are you using your own custom kernel right now?  I figure that
you aren't because compiling the NVidia driver returns "No modversions.h".
Really, all you have to do is run a "make" in the kernel source directory
and it will create the file modversions.h (or whatever it was.)  However, I
really suggest that you learn how to make your own custom kernel.  Its fun
and you learn a whole lot.  However, I'm really not an expert on the kernel,
so I wouldn't be the one to ask about all that stuff.
    Once you "make" in the kernel directory, you should be able to compile
the NVidia Driver (all though it will be for the kernel in the
/usr/src/linux directory.  You might have to rename your kernel source
directory from kernel-whatever to linux for this to work. )
    As for the depmod utility:  depmod maps your module dependancies.
You'll probably want to run it after installing/playing with or whatever
with modules.

    Brandt Dusthimer