Re: Configure XFree86 instead of xserver-svga?

Brian McGroarty <snowfox@yipyap.net> wrote:
>On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 10:03:46PM +0000, Pollywog wrote:
>> Dexter is much easier to use than the alternatives, but I went back to the
>> XF86Config I had previously, because the fonts look better when I use that
>> file.
>> Still, Dexter would have been great to have when I first installed Linux.
>
>Your fonts were different?
>
>You didn't perhaps select xfs-tt instead of xfs, did you? Not sure
>what else in a 4.0 upgrade would do that to you...

You might have switched to 100dpi fonts instead of 75dpi, or vice versa.
Have a look in /etc/X11/fs/config (or /etc/X11/xfs/config with older
versions of xfs) and look for instances of 75 and 100 (especially in the
default-resolutions line); then try swapping them round.