Re: OT: port scan

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:14:47 GMT, Pollywog writes:
>On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:07:15 +0100, Robert Waldner said:
>
>> On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:59:04 GMT, Pollywog writes:
>>  >I usually do not report attempts to connect to single ports.
>>
>>  Me neither, except special ports like ftp, linuxconf, netbus, where
>>  nobody at no fscking time has anything to look for for a good&valid
>>  reason.
>
>I always report linuxconf, netbus connected attempts, though not
>necessarily ftp.

especially ftp, although I´m on a routed (and ripe´ified) subnet there
 is no publicly announced service on my box (+subnet) whatsoever except
 DNS, so every connection attempt is either by typo or evil.

>If I were on a static IP, I would report more than I do now.

&rw
--
/  Ing. Robert Waldner  | Network Engineer | T: +43 1 89933  F: x533 \
\ <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> |    KPNQwest/AT   | Diefenbachg. 35, A-1150 /