teTeX path question

Not a specifically Debian question, but....

I just upgraded my version of teTeX to 1.0.6, and discovered it no
longer seems to follow the TEXINPUTS environment variable to find
various style files, etc.  I need to get this to read in a revtex.cls
file that I've added in, but don't know how to get this included in the
search path.  I've got a feeling it has something to do with the ls-R
file, but don't know exactly what I'm doing there and don't want to mess
things up.  Could anyone provide any hints?

Damian Menscher
--
--==## Grad. student & Sys. Admin. @ U. Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ##==--
--==## <menscher@uiuc.edu> www.uiuc.edu/~menscher/ Ofc:(217)333-0038 ##==--