Kernel 2.4-test11 not recognizing IDE-cdrom

Hi all,

Somehow 2.4test11 doesn't recognize my cdrom.
Strange, but that is how it appears to me. It's a 52x Creative Labs cdrom.
When I mount it, I get no errors, but when accessing the drive, there's nothing there. But it really truly is mounted!

I re-compiled the kernel four times now, and it still won't recognize my cd. I even copied my working test10 .config file to the test11 directory and compiled test11 using that, but I still can not access my cdrom.

And that weird?

Does anyone have a clue what it could be? Somehow I doubt that this is a bug in the kernel, but since the exact configuration (i.e. the .config file) works under test10 ..... I don't know anymore...

Cheers,

Maarten