Re: apm

On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 05:21:14PM +0100, Manuel Hendel wrote:

> how can I turn on the apmd is running, I know that I've to do some
> changes in the /etc/lilo.conf, but don't know what.

Usually you should not have to make changes to lilo.conf in order to
turn on APM. Does your board support APM and is it switched on in the
BIOS? Then the kernel should detect it and say so while booting
(something like "APM BIOS detected" - check your logs).
There are some APM options you can turn on during
kernel-configuration like screen-blanking.
Phil