Re: fetchmail not communicating with exim.

On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 11:20:44AM -0000, John-Mark wrote:
> Hello all
> I have been battling with exim, fetchmail and mutt now for what seems like
> eons! I have made progress over the time and am at a situation now where I
> can receive mal I send to a normal user from root. However when trying to
> connect receive mail from my remote server fetchmail does not seem to be
> passing the mail to exim and  therefore I am receiving no mail in the jmj
> mail box. Does nay one have any idea a how I can rectify this problem? Also
> if fetchmail is not transferring mail to exim where is it putting it?
> Thanks for all help which is much appreciated.
> jm
>

> --

I avoid having to worry about the MTA when receiving mail by putting

  mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"

into .fetchmailrc and letting procmail deliver my mail.  I'm not sure,
but I think the default behavior of procmail will deliver your mail to
the usual place.  Otherwise, you'll need to write a .procmailrc file.

--
Scott V. McGuire <svmcguir@syr.edu>
I lost my GnuPG Key.  Nobody ever sent me the secret plans anyway.