default font in Python-TKinter or Tcl/Tk

Before I switched to Debian/Potato I used RH6.1. On my old Linux I had
a Python program that used the Tkinter-package as a GUI. On RH the
defauld font looked good and was readable. On my Potato system I had
to comment out the use of the scaled 100dpi font in the XF86Config
file to make the fonts readable:
# ...
#    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"
# ...
Now it looks better.

My question is: How do I change (or set) the default font that is used
by Python/Tkinter ?

TIA
Matthias

--
Matthias Müller       Tel.:    +49 30 449 80 68
e-Mail:  ma-mue@gmx.de