Re: Resolve.conf

On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 03:26:51PM -0000, James Preece wrote:
:OK I have got that back in now Thanks.
:
:I can not seem to get remote access to my box, seems like no telnet, no ping
:answers.
:
:access from the box is fine.

sounds like a firewall problem (and you should be using ssh not
telnet, but that's an other thread)

Assuming this machine isn't behind another firewall try (as root):

ipchains -L

this will show local firewalling rules, not that you'll be able to
make much sense of them :)

The quick & ugly solution (if this is a problem) is:
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
/sbin/ipchains -X
/sbin/ipchains -F
/sbin/ipchains -P input ACCEPT
/sbin/ipchains -P output ACCEPT
/sbin/ipchains -P forward ACCEPT

these commands will remove all firewalling rules, and remove packet
forwarding.

-Jon