Re: help news

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000 at 11:32:16 -0600, Russ Cook wrote:
> 	Thanks for the reply.  I have set up the get-news.conf file with
> server, username, and password.  What options must I use to get the news
> downloaded and sent to Cnews?

On my machine it's just '/usr/sbin/get-news' in a cron job (well, it
would be if I didn't have various hacks around it to grab users'
.newsrcs and automatically add them to the sucknewsrc). I'm using INN
rather than cnews, but the procedure looks like it should be the same.

You may have a load of downloaded articles in /var/spool/suck, and batch
files for them in /var/state/suck; to post those without having to
download them again, something like 'rnews your.news.server <
/var/state/suck/batch.whatever' should work (see the end of
/usr/sbin/get-news), followed by removing the batch files and
/var/spool/suck/your.news.server.

> 		And Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, we're not having the turkey here in the UK, but the same to you!

Regards,