Re: 2.4 kernel on potato, what userland needs updating

I installed 2.4 on a potato (updated Storm) release, in order to use
XFree4.0.1 and a usb mouse on a motherboard with an Intel i810 chip.  I
started with test 8, and had a few problems with it freezing up
occasionaly.  I am now at test 10, and have no problems with the OS.
Getting X 4.0.1 running was a lot more difficult.  I haven't installed
Gnome or Kde yet, so I don't know about that.  Good luck.

Jim