Re: more than one .sty file in a tex document!?

Manuel Hendel wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 09:44:40AM +0100, Manegold wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:44:40 +0100
> > From: Manegold <manegold@uni-trier.de>
> > To: Manuel Hendel <Manuel.Hendel@easygolucky.de>
> > Subject: Re: more than one .sty file in a tex document!?
> >
> > Manuel Hendel wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > is it possible to use more than one .sty file in a tex document? For
> > > example, let's say I use g-brief as documentclass, but also want to
> > > use letter or dinbrief and a package called rechnung.
> > >
> > Hi,
> > yes and no. Some packages like footmisc, soul, which are not a document
> > class can be used alonside each other. g-brief und dinbrief, however,
> > are different documten classes. Same as you can't write a document based
> > on book.cls and a letter (based on g-brief, letter, dinbrief or
> > whatever) at the same time, you can't do that with different classes for
> > a letter. This also applies for the different variants for reports,
> > books or articles. If you tried, the last one will probably overwrite
> > the previous if it does not give you an error.
> >
> > HTH
> > Thorsten
> >
> Actually I want to use the class g-breif, but I need the functions for
> the footer from the letter class or is there any package which I can
> add to my .tex file together with g-brief to get the footers?

Well you can always try and see if it works. In your case try to input
the letter class after the g-brief class. I don't think this will give
the desired result though.
The prelim2e package puts something at the lower edge of the each page
that you can customize to what you want there. Maybe that does what you
want.
HTH
Thorsten