Re: where's plperl?

 The perl way to communicate to a database
 is called the DBI(db interface) module,
 available at your nearest CPAN mirror.
yeah, that's if you want to write a perl-script that addresses a DB...

 DBI is a very popular module.
i bet :D

but what i am searching for is a sort of embedded perl into postgres...

i want to be able to write functions and triggers in perl, instead of
SQL or pl-pgl ....

and in the postgres docu, there's reference that it is possible to use
perl inside of SQL requests, through a lib called plperl.so ....

PL/perl is an imbedded perl that works via that library you mention. AFAIK, there isn't a .deb for it, or for a version of pgsql that has it installed. You can find out how to build and install it from here:

http://postgresql.readysetnet.com/users-lounge/docs/7.0/postgres/pl-perl.htm

You're going to need the postgres source in order to do it. I've yet to install it and try it on debian, although I've used it on RH and Mandrake.

Michelle
--
Michelle /pe[a]?rl/ Murrain, Code Jockey