Re: Ispell in woody?

"Robert L. Harris" <Robert.L.Harris@rnd-consulting.com> wrote:
>Thus spake Allan F. Caetano (afct@uol.com.br):
>>     Robert> Can't open /usr/lib/ispell/default.hash
>>
>>     Robert> Anyone know which package is missing?
>>
>>     That's very weird... Do you have any of the dictionary packages
>> installed (iamerican, ibritish etc)?
>
>Nope, but I bet that'd do it.  You'd think part of it's install
>would be to check for a dictionary and say you need one, etc.

If I'm not familiar with what a package recommends or suggests (ispell
Recommends: ispell-dictionary), I always use dselect rather than
apt-get. That way you get more control over and information about what's
going to be installed. (I imagine one of the apt front-ends like
console-apt or aptitude would do just as well.)