RE: Slow mirrors & howto proxy for apt...

Title: RE: Slow mirrors & howto proxy for apt...

>>I've got a couple of net installs that are going very slowly, is 3Kbps
>>what others are getting these days?  Seems typical for me over the
>>past two weeks or so...

>>Where can I find info on seting up apt-get with a proxy?

In some cases, its as simple as setting the http_proxy and/or ftp_proxy
environment variables.

eg export http_proxy=http://myproxyname:80/

Which one/s you choose of course depends on whether you're using http or
ftp access method to the Debian mirror.

- Chris