Unidentified subject!

>>>>> "Amit" == Amit Patil <apatil@Bayou.UH.EDU> writes:

    Amit> Hi ..

    Amit> i am trying to install an rpm package.
    Amit> but  i get the following error.

    Don't do that. Use 'alien' to convert the RPM package to a Debian
package and install *that*.

    Amit> "
    Amit> failed to open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm: No such file or directory
    Amit> error: cannot open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm
    Amit> "

    If you absolutely *MUST* do it, then you'll have to initialize the
RPM database by yourself. Do the following:

    # rpm --initdb

    And you'd be all set. Read up on the rpm manual page, as
well. HTH, HAND.

--
Allan F. Caetano
Universo On Line - EngProd - F: (11) 224 4418

"Who is this peer that keeps resetting my connection?
 I have a broken pipe I wanna hit him with!"