Problem with sound

I am running Potato with 2.2.17 for a kernel and KDE2 as my desktop.

I have a cs4232 audio card.  When I was running Slink I had no trouble
running the audio card but when I upgraded, I have not been able to get it
to work at all.  If I cat a audio file out to /dev/audio the device is
always busy.  KDE2 does not drive it eather.  I can still play audio CD's
on it but that does not use the audio card.

Can anyone tell me where to go from here?  I have tryed different settings
with no luck.

Thanks.

Brian Schramm
brian@schramms.yi.org