Re: Minor? kernel woes...

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 06:19:12PM -0800, brian moore wrote:

:That's normal.  Fix it by rm'ing it.  2.4 doesn't support
:'/dev/sndstat'.

Oh :)

:> I did complile in the correct card driver (twice), I get the same
:> behavior for /dev/pppox0.
:
:Never heard of that device.

It's for PPP encapsulation over whatever hence the "x", but really
it's for PPP over ethernet, this is a kernel option I *know* I hit,
even patched and rebuilt pppd to support it.

Well, not a huge problem have a userspace hack that keeps the DSL
PPPoE link running, maybe I did miss a dependency in the kernel
config.

Third time's a charm,
-Jon