Re: SB AWE64 configuration problem

* Willy Lee <willy2@jps.net> [181100 10:43]:
> "Willy" == Willy Lee <willy2@jps.net> writes:
>
> Regarding the problems I'm having with getting sound to work, I found
> a clue.  Now if I only knew what it meant!
>
> This is what syslog says after attempting to modprobe to load the
> sound modules:
>
> Nov 18 03:07:16 geldar modprobe: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/2.2.17/modules.dep

Not sure what this problem is but I've seen a lot of people who have had it.
Type:
	depmod -a

to fix it.

See my reply to "JD Kitch" in the "Couple of questions from a recent convert"
thread for detailed instructions on how I got my SB AWE64 working.

Maybe you can glean some solutions from there.

rob jacobs <r.a.jacobs@home.com>
~no witty sig required~