Re: NEWBIE: qpopper

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 04:39:20PM +0100, Sebastiaan wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a problem with reading mail with qpopper. Reading mail with pine
> work fine. I installed this package, but when logging in on the pop3 port,
> qpopper gives some errors:
>
> $ telnet localhost 110
> +OK QPOP ....
> user sebas
> pass haha
> -ERR System error, can't open temporary file, do you own it?
> +OK Pop server at onix.dorpsnet.nl signing off.

what does /var/spool/pop look like, its permissions should be:

drwxrwsr-x    2 root     mail         4096 Feb 22  2000 /var/spool/pop

also check to see if there is anything bogus in there, qpopper makes a
temporary copy of your mailspool here, i think this is the temp file
its referring to.

> I have changed my user protection bits to rwxrwxrwx (just to be sure) and

change them back, thats evil.