Re: which kernel option provide char-major-100 modules

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 oacl@21cn.com wrote:

>  after i recompiled my new kernel,some of my applications tell me that cannt find the
> module of char-major-100(maybe this name),maybe i erase some options of the kernel that
> provide this module,does anyone know which options provide this module?
>
> thanks for u reading my questions! :))

>From /usr/src/linux/Documentation/devices.txt:

100 char        POTS (analogue telephone) A/B port {2.6}
                  0 = /dev/phone0       First telephone port
                  1 = /dev/phone1       Second telephone port

                The names have been reallocated to Telephony For
                Linux, major 159.  All use of major 100 should be
                considered legacy and deprecated.

This might be a hint in which direction the answer has to be found, but I
don't know more about it.

Martin

--
Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.

For public GnuPG-key: finger fluch@vesuri.helsinki.fi