Large file support in Woody

Now that woody is based on glibc2.2 I thought I would play with large
file support.  Perhaps this was a mistake, as I have managed to create
a 3GB file, but I can't remove it.  Any access to the file with the
fileutils package (ls, rm, etc.) returns with "Value too large for
defined data type".

I thought maybe fileutils had to just be rebuilt against the new
glibc, but after an apt-get source --build fileutils, I still get the
same error.  I am sure I am missing something quite obvious, so any
pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks,
Jeff Lessem.