Re: apt-move dain-brammage

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 04:36:39PM -0600, Robert Guthrie wrote:
> I must be missing something... I'm getting very wierd behaviour out of
> apt-move (apt-move.conf attached)....
>
> I run apt-move update, and I get the usual stuff...
> #:/usr/doc/apt-move# apt-move update
>
> Updating Packages and override files...
> Getting: distribution names
> Getting: stable main Packages.gz
> Getting: stable main override.gz
> Getting: stable contrib Packages.gz
> etc....
>
> Creating Packages.gz files...
> Building: stable main Packages.gz
>  Wrote 0 entries to output Packages file.
> Building: stable contrib Packages.gz
>  Wrote 0 entries to output Packages file.
> Building: stable non-free Packages.gz
>  Wrote 0 entries to output Packages file.
> Building: stable non-US/main Packages.gz
>  Wrote 0 entries to output Packages file.
> Building: stable non-US/contrib Packages.gz
>  Wrote 0 entries to output Packages file.
> Building: stable non-US/non-free Packages.gz
>  Wrote 0 entries to output Packages file.
>
> Note that all Packages.gz files contain zero entries, and that if there is a
> file that gets moved (or was already in) a subdirectory of the mirror, there
> is no corresponding Packages.gz created at all!  There are actual files that
> have been moved to the "binary-all" sections of the tree, but none other.
> They seem to be non-architecture specific, so I'm not sure if that's a factor
> (second attachment is the output of find /usr/local/mirrors/).
try apt-move localupdate, apt-move got's the package list from apt-get then, but the mirrors lines in apt-move.conf should correspond with that ones in /etc/apt/sources.list, maybe fetching the package lists fails a bit
are you sure there stable packages in /var/cache/apt/archives, don't you run apt-get clean or are they removed by dselect?
any messages about skipped packages, like would happen if packages are not listed in fetched packages file?
please show some output about moving/not-moving packages, possibly a complete dump of it's output as attachment

> I'm running the Potato version of this, if that matters.
it does, woody as apt-move 4.x instead of 3.x shipped with potato, maybe that release will work, it has a quite different apt-move.conf format so i can't send you mine
--
> Name:           Alson van der Meulen      <
> Personal:       alson@linuxfreak.nl       <
> School:       alson@gymnasiumleiden.nl    <
You can do this patch with the system up...