Re: Re(2): Boot Problem

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, Janos Kramar wrote:

My error message was different (kernel panic during boot) but it was
caused by the built-in "Boot virus detection" in my new ASUS CUSL2
motherboard. I could boot from floppy but not from the harddrive that I
pulled out of my old P200 machine. I turned off the boot virus detection
in the BIOS setup and then it booted fine. You might also add "lba32" to
the /etc/lilo.conf file (first section where "boot" and "delay" are
usually found) in case your boot files are beyond cylinder 1024. See
/usr/doc/lilo/Manual.txt.gz.