Re: DPMS on console?

On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 05:54:02PM -0500, Krzys Majewski wrote:
> Is there a DPMS-capable console blanker?
> I'm running this machine strictly in console mode,
> and the screenblank nicely after a while while, but I'm
> a bit disappointed that the monitor power LED doesn't start
> blinking and stuff. Maybe it's still sucking up lots of power
> despite being dark? I'm at my mother's place, so I don't want
> to get in trouble by using up s of kW*h.
> -chris

that screen blank does nothing more then color everything black, no
powersaving at all.  its just to prevent screen burn in.  (which
doesn't really happen all that much anymore)

try:

        setterm -blank 15
        setterm -powerdown 35

-powerdown does the powersaving.  you can run those commands out of a initscript

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/