apacheconfig and Perl5.6

apacheconfig (at least on my system) is broken by perl5.6

If I repoint /etc/alternatives/perl to /usr/bin/perl-5.005 apacheconfig
works just fine,
but if it's pointed to /usr/bin/perl-5.6 I get a bunch of

Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/sbin/apacheconfig
line 484.

lines from apacheconfig, and it leaves a number of necessary modules out of
my httpd.conf file

I don't see this listed as a bug on apache, should it be?

(and could someone tell me if this isn't just my system? :))

-
Josh