Re[2]: Installing Debian (Potato) did not install kernel source...

Hi,

   I originally had a similar problem when trying to compile nVidia
and SB Live modules. For some reason, the 2.2.17 source in Debian
excludes modversions.h . I downloaded the regular kernel source from
kernel.org, compiled a kernel from that, and everything works fine
now.

    Also, I think the official potato CD's install kernel 2.2.17pre6,
    not the final 2.2.17 so this will cause "unresolved symbols"
    errors if you use  kernel-headers-2.2.17 with 2.2.17pre6.