Re: help with cdrom.h

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 12:00:02PM -0800, John McBride wrote:
> But under /usr/include/linux, the cdrom.h does not have these
> definitions. Thus, I get a slew of `DVD_*" undeclared messages when
> trying to compile "mpeg3css.c", which has the line "#include
> <linux/cdrom.h>".

Tut tut mpeg3css.c is probably illegal. ;)

> What is the proper way to correct this? I'm tempted to change the
> #include line in the source file to go directly to the kernel sources,
> but it seems like there may be a better way to get my system sync'ed up.

I would say either change the #include to point to the correct path or
add a -I/usr/local/src/linux/include in the makefile before all the
other compiler flags.  You might have a Makefile.am in which case you
would it (the -I... thing above) to the CFLAGS line of that (the
Makefile.am) and run automake.

I hope that makes sense.

Chris