Xfree86 4.0.1 access rights

HI all-

I recently upgraded a potato system to woody, then did the Xfree86 4.0.1
thing.  This system runs win4lin for a few reasons and is a smallish dell
latitude Ls laptop.  I managed to get through reconfiguring X for my
neomagic (ugh) video adaptor.  When using Xfree86 3.3.6, I could launch
win4lin using the "fwin" command which basically launches a second X server
on an used VC.  Now under X4, when I try I get a lot of access denied by
server errors.  I have tried using xhost + (not my personal favorite; but
just for testing purposes) and this still does the same thing.  Do I need to
run xhost + on the new vc that win4lin wants to start in?  I also get a bit
of screen blanking when I have two concurrent X sessions running that never
happened with Xfree 3.3.6.  I have used the xset commands to stop this in
Xfree86 3.3.6 but it seems to have no real affect in X4.

--
Michael Perry
mperry@tsoft.com