XFree86 4.0.1: Strange ssh behaviour

Hi,

I am using debian woody. After upgrading XFree86 to 4.0.1 I discovered strange behaviour of ssh's X-Forwarding:

Scenario 1:
I ssh to another debian woody box (XFree86 4.01 as well) on my local network. Then I try to run a x-app (wish/wishx in my case, but any app will do). The program seems to hang, even ctrl-c does not work anymore, and I do not get any output.

Scenario 2:
I ssh to a SuSe box with Xfree86 3.3.6 installed, running
an x-app there works without problems.

Scenario 3:
I telnet to my debian box mentioned in Sc. 1. I set the DISPLAY envvar accordingly (export DISPLAY="machinefromwhereitelnetfrom:0") and everything works fine?

On all three boxes X-Forwarding is enabled for both the ssh-client and the server, with display offset set to 10 (the default). Everything worked fine until the upgrade to XFree86 4.0.1 (Or maybe there was an openssh upgrade I don't remember anymore). It seems that ssh and/or the new XFree86 is at fault, but I don't know how to isolate the error.

Advice is urgently requested.

Dominik Bodi
Muenchen, Germany
--