Re: Trouble building Python 2.0 on Debian Potato

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 11:31:19PM -0800, Steve Juranich wrote:
> I'm trying to build 2.0 on my Debian box, but I'm having some trouble
> getting Tkinter set up properly and I'm hoping somebody can clear up the
> trouble I'm having.

I didn't have any problems, but then I didn't include all things.
>     -I/usr/include \

I've this one commented out

>     -DWITH_BLT -I/usr/include -lBLT8.2 \

I've this one commented out too

> Like I said, all of these are in agreement with my system's setup.  Has
> anybody built this with a fairly basic version of Debian Potato?  Can you

I've applied all security fixes and most updates, but didn't mingle any woody.

> tell me where I'm going wrong and what I need to do to fix it?

dunno, but I'm willing to do some recompiling just to check...

...I'm back, recompiled with your specs, no problemo
So what else differs?

--
groetjes, carel