Q: Compiled kernel ok-Rename it etiquette?

Hi,

I've just successfully compiled my kernel and if you actually read
instructions and have the right tools it's a strong feeling of satisfaction.
My question is what to do with the bzImage file or kernel. I moved it to
boot as it is and ran a link to it and that listed in lilo. But what's the
etiquette?

1. Move kernel to boot as I did?
2. Rename it? If it was potato's own 2.2.17 then what?
3. How do I get the new one of the boot floppy and should I?

Thanks a lot.

Jonathan

PS The boot msg screen now gives me:
You most certainly don't want to be running kerneld with
>=2.2.X kernels.
Read .../kmod.txt.

I've read the doc and it says its' better to use kmod. Is kerneld in
fact running? Do I have to recompile again?