From: "Leen Besselink" <leen@poindexter.wirehub.nl>
To: "Jostein Ågedal" <jos@worldonline.dk>
Cc: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 11:21 PM
Subject: Re: Supported hardware for debian

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, [iso-8859-1] Jostein Ågedal wrote:

> I am preparing to buy a new machine to run debian linux 2.2. As Im
> buying it solely for linux, I would like any good advices on what sort
> of hardware would be recommended for debian Linux.
> Maybe any of you have some good links or personal experience on this?

One way to find out, is look it up here:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/#new-inst

Is has all kinds of information, including information about supported
hardware and says, the Debian is like any other Linux and then refers to
this document:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO.html

Hope this helps,
Lennie.

PS One tip, buy Good memory, Linux can be a bit more memory critical then
for example Windows.