Re: Strange message on ps -a

	Subject: Re: Strange message on ps -a
	Date: Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 06:50:27PM +0100

Quoting Johannes Jörg(liste_joerg@gmx.de):
> I /*did/* reboot, and this thing did not happen the first few time. Any
> other ideas
>
> joerg
>
> > You've compiled a new kernel but not rebooted to load it?
> > If so, then this is one of the few times in linux when a reboot is
> > required.
> >
> > At 09:09 AM 11/8/00 +0100, you wrote:
> > >Hello Everybody
> > >
> > >The following message appears each time I make "ps" or "ps -a":
> > >
> > >{floppy_open} {scsi_init_free}
> > >Warning: /boot/System.map-2.2.17 does not match kernel data.
> > >
> > >Then the running processes are listet just right. Any idea what
> > happened
> > >to my System.map? I compiled my own kernel (with buolt-in floppy and
> > >scsi-support). Things ran fine for some time, this message came up
> > >yesterday for the first time. I cannot remember having changed anything
> > >in my base-configuration

I also have that now(???)

VT1 root-Deb-Woody:~# ps aux
{select_parent} {have_submounts}
Warning: /boot/System.map-2.2.17 does not match kernel data.
USER       PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
root         1  0.0  0.4  1196  524 ?        S    Nov06   0:05 init
--<snip>--

Have compiled the kernel with make-kpkg and make dep;clean;bzImage
with the same results.  This is a potato/woody mix system.  I also
had a mail problem (see previous post) with fetchmail unable to
connect to localhost.  Well thats what we get for messing with unstable.

--
User error: replace user and press any key to continue.