Re: question about my 2.4 test10 kernel

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 11:18:31PM +0800, oacl@21cn.com wrote:
>  i make 2.4.0 test 8 kernel before,by the common steps below:
> make dep;make clean;make bzImage;make modules;make modules_install
> but i met problem in my new compiled 2.4.0 test 10 kernel,after reboot,i cannot
> insmod any modules,i check the /lib/modules/2.4.0test10 dir,it seems that this version kernel's module directory is so special
> so....any way to resolve it??

I'm running tes10 on woody. Except for some bugs (loop, nfs,
alsa<->kernel) it's running fine.
You need at least:
	mount     2.10o-1 	(nfs)
	modutils  2.3.19-1

list might be incomplete.

I'm not sure which version of gcc ships with potato, but remember
reading something about needing uptodate gcc.

I recommend compiling kernels with make-kpkg (kernel-package deb (woody
version))
See package documentation for more information.

florian

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------